Monday, August 3, 2009

Hawaiian themed Cake


This Cake was a massive cake!

The bottom tier was 7 layers of White Almond Cake filled and covered in Almond buttercream. Then, a fondant grass skirt was wrapped around the circumfrence of the tier.

The top tier was 5 layers of marble cake filled with almond buttercream and covered in hand rolled, cut, and painted tiki.

The entire cake is edible. The flowers were hand crafted and hand painted. The "sand" is dark brown sugar.

4 comments:

  1. You are so awesome, girl. The cake looks fantastic.

    David B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those flowers look so real! Yum!

    Valerie I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty cake, makes me think about Hawaii

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK that's it I'm ordering cakes from you from now on. You're great at decorating them. Plus I loved the ones you did for my dad and Kim's wedding. YUMMY!!!

    Catrina

    ReplyDelete