Monday, January 4, 2010

Dallas Cowboy themed goodness



This was an easy and fun order to make. I love when I get the chance to make cuppies to match a cake. The customer, a friend of mine, wanted a cake for her husband's birthday. Obviously, he's a Dallas Cowboys fan.

So Cakers, here are the specs. This is a 2 layer 6" carrot cake filled with Almond Buttercream. The cake was then rolled in fondant. The cuppies are also carrot cake and are topped with Almond buttercream and a fondant star.

Overall, I love the clean look of this cake. So, Happy Birthday Thomas and thanks for the order Marrita!

2 comments:

  1. This was a really good Idea. My husband would love it. Unfortunately I couldn't do such a great job. You did an Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Keep trying. The more cakes you churn out, the better you get. I should dig up my old first cake pic. You couldn't even tell what it was. ;)

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete