Monday, June 21, 2010

All Baked Up and Nowhere to Go Contest

>
Back by popular demand is the second ever ALL BAKED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO cake contest. It opens for ideas today, June 25th and runs through 5pm on June30th. This contest will be a two tiered scrumptious chocolate cake with a fun cookies and cream filling.

All you have to do to enter is leave an idea for a rocking good cake design. I will announce the winner by unveiling the cake sometime Friday night, July 2nd. The cake will be available for pick up only Saturday, July 3rd.

So Cakers, get brainstorming and a few of you I'm sure will get googling. I look forward to reading your cake ideas and ultimately making one of them come to life!

Shannon

The winner of our second ever ALL BAKED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO CONTEST was Keri Sauer and her theme of Dr.Seuss. Without further ado ... here's the winning cake.

6 comments:

  1. Having just finished with Father's Day, I thought a cake inspired by my honey who is a Public Safety officer for a local agency. That means he's a firefighter/paramedic as well as a police officer. He does all 3 jobs during his 24 hour shift. I think an AMAZING cake idea would be for him - one layer could be all fire themed. Fire trucks, axes, flames - maybe put all of it on a dalmation background of sorts. Not sure how to work that out. The other layer could be police themed - handcuffs, radio, traffic ticket, etc. etc. Since he works for Oakwood (their tagline/nickname is City of Trees), then maybe a big oak tree on the top. I know the guys at the station would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! So far i have gotten about 6 ideas and this one is in the top 2! Keep checking back.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going along with my boys' recent obsession with Alice in Wonderland...how about an Alice in Wonderland themed cake? Whimsical slants and colorful designes. The bottom tier made to look like the queen of hearts design with bright red and hearts...second tier mad to look like the mad hatter and on top some of the characters of the movie. Cat, rabbit, hourglass and of course a very small Alice.
    *fingers crossed* :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about book the other day and cam up with this idea for a cake. Depending on the shape of the cake the books could be stacked (square or rectangle cake) or look like a book shelf stuffed with books (circle cake). The titles of the books would depend on the intrests of the recipiant. For example a younger girl in the princess stage would love books titled beauty and the beast, sleeping beauty, snow white, ect. A younger boy might like lion king, cars, ect. a Teenagers could be books they like to read or class subjects. There are so many options. You could also make the layers look like DVDs, Video Cassettes, or CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horton Hear's a Who Cake...I love Dr. Sues! Connie McFarren

    ReplyDelete
  6. So in our house we have a musical obsession....We all adore The Beatles and their music.

    So I thought either a Yellow Submarine cake with the characters from the movie and a yellow submarine on top would be so so cool, or a Beatles themed cake in general either basing it on their career/cd covers or on their actual songs.


    Sammy wanted me to tell you she thinks you should do a Scooby Doo themed cake. Complete with characters, mystery machine and some kind of ghost/monseter!

    ReplyDelete