Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A few more of your favorite things

So, we've not posted in a bit. We've been BUSY. Doing what you may ask? Well, sit back and feast your eyes on these sweets.




















These are just a few of the delectable orders we've had the privilege to bake up. We're in wedding season now, and we've got LOTS of amazing things lined up in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes are amazing! I'm an amateur just starting out doing cakes and cupcakes for my immediate family members and close friends. I was wondering if you had any tips or secrets on how you get your fondant colors so vibrant. I'm having the hardest time with the darker colors like navy, red, dark green, etc. If I am able to get the color right than the consistency of the fondant is horrible to work with. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Satin Ice brand fondant. For a navy color, I start out with their blue and add black to it. Satin Ice colors are incredibly saturated to begin with so it's easy to start with a nice vibrant color. Also, I try to use gel colors instead of liquid food dye to color my fondant. A great place to snag really good deals is Fondant Source. It's also known as jester cake company. Happy caking!

      Delete