Monday, June 14, 2010

Air Force Retirement Cake


This cake was a privilege to make. My Dad also retired from the service, so it was sort of a throw back of memories from growing up. Cakers, this fellow was an over achiever. See all those ribbons? Yeah, his over achieving ways were thorns in my side when making all those little bronze and silver leaves to go on his plethora of ribbons. (I kid ... I kid)
The specs on this cake: it is a 10", 8", and 6" White Cake filled with Whipped Lemon Curd. All decorations are made of either fondant or gumpaste.
Thanks for your service, Matt!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool.. I will keep you in mind and tell people at work about your skills!

    John M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! once again awesome job!!! you are amazing!

    -Jean A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!!! The ribbons are outstanding!!

    Mim J.

    ReplyDelete